Download PDF Application here (4-21-11)
Return in person at: 724 N. Cage Blvd., Pharr, Texas
or fax: (956) 682-7921
CSFP Distribution Associate
(Commodity Supplemental Food Program)
I. JOB SUMMARY
The CSFP Distribution Associate includes all activities involving the distribution of commodities at all of our locations. Works jointly with the CSFP Manager and CSFP Specialists to assure that compliance with Federal Guidelines of the CSFP program and Food Bank RGV policies and procedures are maintained. The CSFP Distribution Associate is a part-time non-exempt position.
II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
• Assists with the operations of the CSFP Program and compliance with contract requirements.
• Maintains a level of communication with CSFP Manager and CSFP Specialist.
• Will work jointly with the CSFP Team to distribute food bags to eligible recipients at distribution sites.
• Maintains records according to CSFP policies and procedures.
• Operates pallet jacks and other equipment in a safe manner
• Complies with all health regulations and other laws that govern food handling
• Conducts periodic physical inventories as directed.
• Represents program at community functions and other meetings as needed.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Evaluates existing procedures and recommends improvements to the CSFP Manager.
• Performs additional duties as assigned by the CSFP Manager and Chief Programs Officer.
III. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
1. Honesty, integrity and commitment to fighting hunger in the Rio Grande Valley.
2. Must have clear understanding of and ability to articulate the mission of FBRGV.
3. High School Diploma or equivalent.
4. Personal experience in community service and an understanding of the role volunteerism
5. Ability to politely be firm and decisive. Good judgment and discretion
6. Ability to work cooperatively with other staff, volunteers, and agency personnel
7. Ability to multi task under a variety of conditions
8. Ability to lift 40 lbs on a regular basis
9. Ability to manage time efficiently and to work independently with minimum supervision
10. Orientation to detail and accuracy
11. Ability to present a professional demeanor under a variety of conditions
12. Proficient in English and Spanish
13. Possession of current Texas Class C driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle. Must have a clean driving record for at least three years prior to employment
If you enjoy helping others while making a living, this is the place.
Pick up an application at 724 N. Cage Blvd., Pharr, Texas or call 956-682-8101 for more information.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work to be performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties.
The Food Bank of the Rio Grande Valley, Inc. provides equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, political belief, age or disability. The Food Bank RGV conforms to all applicable federal and state laws, rules, guidelines and regulations and provides equal employment opportunity in all employment and employee relations.
The Food Bank RGV assures that all applicants for employment and all Food Bank RGV employees are given equal consideration based solely on job-related factors, such as qualifications, experience, performance and availability. Such equal consideration applies to all personnel actions, including but not limited to recruitment, selection, appointment, job assignment, training, transfer, promotion, merit increases, demotion, termination, pay rates and fringe benefits. The Food Bank RGV reviews, evaluates and monitors all personnel matters to ensure that they are in accordance with this policy.
The Food Bank RGV takes seriously and will investigate promptly and thoroughly all charges of alleged discrimination in employment, and inform the Food Bank RGV employees of their rights in regard to equal employment.
The Food Bank RGV requires its personnel to act in conformity with the principles outlined in this statement through strict adherence to the above statements and recognizes that the effective application of equal opportunity in employment must involve more than a non-discriminatory statement. The Food Bank RGV recruits, hires, trains and promotes into all job levels the most qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political belief, age or disability status. The Food Bank RGV takes positive steps to eliminate any discrimination from its personnel practices, and creates an environment that encourages equal opportunity for all of its employees.
The Food Bank RGV distributes information regarding equal employment opportunity through the employee handbook and various publications. Equal Employment Opportunity related complaints may be made to your supervisor or Department Director.