Thank you for your interest in becoming a Member Agency of the Food Bank of the Rio Grande Valley. Our mission is to eliminate hunger by distributing food and grocery products through a network of nonprofit organizations while providing education and increasing community awareness on issues of hunger. Any organization that wants to partner with the Food Bank must meet the following requirements:
* Recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as a 501(c) 3 not for profit, charitable organization.
* Offer services directly to the ill, needy, or children (under 18 years), free of charge and with no requirement to attend any kind of service.
* Distribute food as an emergency food box or as a meal or snack prepared on site to be consumed on the premises.
* Have operated a food program for at least 6 months.
* Program sites treated by licensed pest control at least once every quarter
* Four part application process:
Part I: Complete the pre-application form and mail it to Food Bank with all required documents on the check list.
Part II: After we receive this form with all required documents, an Food Bank staff member will contact you to schedule a site visit and deliver an application.
Part III: Return your completed application to the Food Bank and we will be in touch soon.
Part IV: After we receive your application, a Food Bank staff member will contact you to schedule a second site visit and invite you to orientation.
If you feel your organization would like to apply, please complete Part I of the pre-application process. The four part application process takes 4-6 weeks and includes two visits to your home office and sites where you provide your services.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call the Food Bank’s Agency Membership Department at 956-682-8101. Again, thank you for your interest in the Food Bank. We look forward to forming a partnership to eliminate Hunger!
The Food Bank of the Rio Grande Valley operates in accordance with the US Department of Agriculture and Texas Health and Human Services Commission policy, which prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability.